My name is Ronit Zimmer and I'm the founder of Mailfixer. I was born in Melbourne, Australia, and moved to Israel in 2002. A lawyer by profession, I entered the international communications field and worked with major local organizations and companies. While many of my colleagues communicated in English every day I found myself often helping them refine their writing to make it natural and comprehensible, and on the flip side, I needed help with my Hebrew. Mailfixer was born out of this realization that communicating in written English can be challenging even for proficient ESL/EFL speakers. I saw the need for efficient and accessible help to better communicate and engage, as well as to level the playing field for anyone who uses English. English is a global language and many communications take place between ESL/EFL speakers as well as with native English speakers.
Mailfixer is a real-time, human, copy-editing service created to help non-native English speakers communicate more efficiently and effectively. We edit everything you write, considering the context and background, and with an emphasis on very fast turnaround. Our community of Mailfixers dedicate themselves to providing you with extremely quick, quality editing, which easily integrates into your workflow.
What's the Mailfixing process?
Unlike any other editing service, Mailfixer emphasizes communicating with and engaging the reader. Each text undertakes a two-stage process fix and check, which receives review by two editors. The Fixer undertakes a substantive edit of the text using our "human" tools: audience engagement, localization, flow, content enhancement where necessary for context, and precision. The Checker undertakes a final check for minor syntax errors to ensure that the text you receive has native-level grammar, punctuation, word choice, coherent logical structure, and ultimately has improved readability and engagement.
How does Mailfixer work?
Mailfixer is extremely easy to use:
- Go to our homepage and enter your text or upload your file. Alternately, you can send your text to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to add the email thread or context to give your Mailfixer some background information for creating a more appropriate tone.
- Receive an automatic word count and price quote.
- Click on the "Start Fixing" button.
- For registered users, wait to receive your "Mailfixed" text in your inbox or on your Mailfixer dashboard.
- If it's your first Mailfix, you'll need to sign up just once.
- Complete the required fields.
- If you're a freelancer or have a registered company or organization, register as a business by completing the required fields so that this information may be printed on your invoices. If you are a company, you can also add users to your company account. See below for more information.
- Select your pricing plan – pay as you go or subscription.
- Complete your credit card details.
- You'll receive an email with an estimated time of completion.
- After clicking on "Start Fixing", a "fix" notification is immediately sent out to our global community of Mailfixers.
- The fix is picked up within 5 minutes. It is copy edited and then sent back into the system releasing a "check" notification to our Mailfixers.
- The check is picked up within 5 minutes and proofread.
- Your Mailfixed text is returned to your inbox and your dashboard in minutes.
Who can benefit from the service?
Our customers are businesses both large and small, across numerous sectors, but also many individuals. Anyone who needs to communicate in English and requires a quality and lightning-fast edit, which can be integrated into one's workflow, should use our service.
Why use Mailfixer instead of a freelance editor?
Mailfixer has some clear advantages over working directly with freelancers:
- We are an on-demand service. A Mailfixer has 5 minutes to pick up the text once it has been submitted, ensuring rapid service.
- Our community of hundreds of tested and trained native-speaking-English editors will provide high-quality editing of any piece of written English text, on demand.
- All of our Mailfixers pass a quality certification process, undertake a dedicated training seminar and receive weekly refresher updates.
- We provide a two-stage review process to ensure that nothing is missed in the edit.
- We check Mailfixer quality after each and every fix, so we only have high-quality Mailfixers.
- We guarantee your satisfaction. If you are not pleased with the results, our Quality Control Team will check the matter ASAP and, if needed, we will redo the fix at no extra cost, or fully refund your money.
- Our prices are very competitive, at a maximum of 4 cents per word, based on the original text submitted. If you need fast, high-quality editing of any correspondence, copy or content, at an affordable price, anytime, any day, Mailfixer is for you.
What kind of materials can be Mailfixed?
Mailfixer focuses on English digital communications such as emails, posts, blogs, online profiles, web copy, online product listings and more. However, we also edit remarks, briefings, one-pagers, business plans, presentations, you name it. We support common document formats: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Can I communicate with the Mailfixer?
During the Mailfixing process, your Mailfixer can contact you via our email instant messaging system. If the Mailfixer has any queries about your text, you'll be notified by email and should answer as soon as possible. In addition, you can leave a note for the Mailfixer before the fix begins in the email thread/context field.
What should I write in the email thread/context field?
Any comments or instructions that can help the Mailfixer do a better job. This might include a description of the target audience, context of the text, or the email thread if it's an email.
Which languages do you Mailfix?
We currently offer English with plans for variations of English (UK, US) and additional languages in the pipeline.
Is there a minimum number of words per fix?
No, there is no minimum number of words per fix.
Is there a minimum payment per fix?
No, there is no minimum payment per fix.
What's the turnaround time?
The turnaround time is approximately 15 words per minute. This can vary depending on the original text quality.
Do you guarantee the return time?
Nearly all jobs are returned within the estimated delivery time; many even sooner.
Do you offer 24x7 services?
As there are many Mailfixers in every time zone, we Mailfix anytime, any day.
Why can't I receive automatic notifications from your site?
Please check your mailbox settings to make sure notifications from our site are not automatically labeled as spam.
What type of files do you support?
The text for fixing can be entered as text directly, or you can upload a file including MS Word, Power Point and Excel. We automatically count the words in all file types and provide an immediate quote. Please note, only registered users can upload documents.
Do you support multiple iterations of the same text?
After the job is returned to you, you may contact email@example.com to request a change.
I am not happy with the returned document. What should I do now?
Contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily help you.
How do I add users to my company account?
You can add as many additional users to your company account as you want. New users will have the same access to your company account, though as an administrator you invite the individual users, and keep track of all users' billings:
- Go to Update Profile on the menu bar.
- Register as a business and complete the required fields: company name, address and number.
- Save Profile.
- Then automatically enter your dashboard, and click on Users.
- Enter the user's email address and press the Invite User button. An invitation will immediately be sent out to invite both registered and non-registered users to the company account.
- You can monitor the status of your users on your dashboard.
How does the price range work?
The cost price starts at 3 cents per word for up to 15% of changes to the text and gradually increases to 4 cents per word at 50% of changes to the text. There is an additional Stripe processing fee of 2.9% + 30 cents.
Is the price based on the original or edited text/document?
The price is based on the number of words in the original text/document.
What payment method is best for me?
We always suggest starting Mailfixer using the pay-as-you-go scheme. After you discover the remarkable performance of Mailfixer, we advise that you consider one of our many monthly subscriptions to save up to 25% off your Mailfix, as well as the processing fee.
Monthly Subscriptions offered (prices in USD):
- $30 for 1,000 words per month
- $55 for 2,000 words per month
- $100 for 4,000 words per month
- $150 for 6,000 words per month
- $200 for 8,000 words per month
If the subscriptions on offer do not meet your needs, contact email@example.com to receive a tailored subscription for your needs.
To select the right subscription, you should consider the following:
- your daily/weekly/monthly output of content including correspondence
- how much of that content needs to be perfect and engaging Once you establish your needs, select the appropriate subscription. You can always upgrade or downgrade your plan if your needs change.
What types of payment do you accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express. All payments are processed through Stripe Inc. and Mailfixer does not have access to your credit card information.
How do I update my credit card information?
If your credit card information has been updated since your last order, you will be prompted to update your details when reordering. Otherwise, click on Update Profile on the menu bar; you can update your credit card information in the credit card field.
If I cancel a subscription how long are my words valid for?
Your words are valid until the end of the subscription date i.e. a month after the date you purchased your monthly subscription.
Can I upgrade or downgrade my subscription?
All subscriptions can be upgraded or downgraded at any time.
How can I track the words used on my monthly subscription?
The number of remaining words is represented underneath the composer where you submit text inside your dashboard. We will also send you an email when you have only 20% of words remaining in your account.
What happens when my account reaches zero words but the month isn’t yet over?
You have the option of changing your subscription.
Are my name and my company's name printed on the invoices?
Yes, once you've registered as a business and added your name and company to your account, this information will be printed on your invoices.
Do you charge VAT?
All prices listed are exclusive of VAT. We charge VAT for individuals and companies in Israel. For all other countries, VAT is zero-rated.
Do I have to pay VAT?
You are subject to 17% added VAT if you register with an address in Israel. Clients registered outside of Israel are not subject to VAT.
Do you issue receipt for your service?
Receipts are delivered with every payment charged; i.e., after every fix in the pay-as-you-go scheme or when the subscription is charged monthly.
Can we get monthly invoices?
Yes, register as a business and complete the required fields to receive a separate invoice.
Do you offer a money-back guarantee?
Yes, if you're not completely satisfied with our work.
Can I test Mailfixer for free? Can I get a free trial?
Yes, if you want to test the service, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with a discount code.
Is all work done by real people?
Yes, Mailfixing is done by skilled professionals who have been individually tested and trained by Mailfixer. We only select the very best applicants, with a statistic of approximately 10%.
Where are the Mailfixers located?
Most of our Mailfixers are located in, or citizens of, the US, UK, and Australia, with many expats living in close cultural proximity to our client base.
Are Mailfixers all native English speakers?
Yes, all Mailfixers are native English speakers.
Do your Mailfixers specialize in different areas, such as business or academia?
Yes, we have Mailfixers with a working knowledge across a range of fields. In addition, all our Mailfixers are well-rounded in a range of subjects. We will be able to offer Mailfixing in specialized fields soon.
How does the non-disclosure agreement (NDA) work? Is there a document that needs to be signed by both parties?
How secure is my content?
All Mailfixers are individually checked and verified by Mailfixer. All data between your computer and Mailfixer is encrypted, and all Mailfixers work from a non-disclosure agreement.
Do you respect the confidentiality of the documents I send?
Yes, our Mailfixers will treat your information as strictly confidential. All information and content on Mailfixer is kept confidential. Most of our Mailfixers are seasoned writers who have experience working with confidential materials of clients.
I have a question that is not on your FAQ - how can I get an answer?
Please contact us at email@example.com and we will answer your questions as soon as possible.